Fresh Fig Skillet Cake
- 1/2 cup oat fiber
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoon butter and coconut mixture (equal parts salted butter and solid coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil
- 2 tablespoon dark honey
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup D milk
- Fresh figs, washed, dried and cut in half lengthwise. (use whatever is at the peak of it's season)
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Butter an 8-inch round cast-iron skillet.
In a bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together and set aside.
In a stand mixer, beat butter and coconut mixture, macadamia oil, honey, and maple syrup until fully incorporated and lighter in color.
Add egg to mixer and beat until fully incorporated.
Next, on low, add flour mixture in batches to stand mixer, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with flour.
Pour batter into greased skillet and spread evenly.
Arrange figs, face up, and press into batter.
Sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick centered in the middle comes out clean.
Let cool for 20 minutes.
Cut and serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.